Monday 10 September 2007

Painting Painting Painting..

Well the weekend just past was spent locked in my painting room inhaling the ever sickening scent of turps while slapping copious amounts of paint onto various canvases. My drummer and lady with umbrella are pretty much done - well nearly. The drummer still needs his drum sticks and the lady needs just a small bit of work (just me being incredibly fussy). Getting there
anyway!

Extreme close-up of face.




Wacky camera angle! I'll post a good one once 100% fin.



Nearly there! Though some drum sticks would be handy:)








Oh, I don't think I've told you all this yet! Well I'm having an art show with my very talented friend Michelle Giacobello at Loco in Glenhuntly Rd, Elsternwick. The show is titled Momentum, and will run for two weeks with the opening night on Thurs 1st of Nov. I'm very excited about this - though need to paint like a mad man to fill the walls! Well I have about 11 works so far to hang - and have sketched up a further 7 canvases to paint for the show. Here are the rough sketches on the canvases just waiting to be slapped with various colours of oil paint. Oh, this series will be very urban themed which will suit the locale nicely I think:)






2 comments:

A Reason to Paint said...

These two paintings are looking fabulous Daniel

Daniel Sanger said...

Thanks! I'm so glad you like them:)