Thursday 13 September 2007

Loosen Up!

Back of my head at Dr Sketchy - and how bad is my pen holding technique!

This afternoon I'll start painting a series of works for Momentum in November. I'm really hoping to experiment with my style for this series by attempting a much looser and freer technique. Much like my sketching sessions at Dr Sketchy, I really want to capture the moment. We'll see how well this goes, though knowing me I'll end up detailing the hell out these works in the end:) I can't help myself! My ultimate goal is to have my works appear realistic with rich detail from a distance, though when close to exhibit a simpler form with a raw carefree approach.

On the down side I dropped my digital camera during the weekend. BUGGER! I'm currently trying to find my old one, so hopefully I can take some pics this week:)

2 comments:

michelle giacobello said...

Yeah go for it!

The series you sketched looks like it will be wonderful, and I think Momentum is a great vehicle for them.

Anonymous said...

smart artz new gallery interested in your work.....maybe an exhibit plse contact sharon@smartartzgallery.com.au
www.smartartzgallery.com.au

calling for submissions...competitive rates.....4th oct - 17th Oct

DANIEL, YOUR WORK HAS TAKEN MY INTEREST AND I THINK WE MAY BE A GREAT PLACE FOR YOU TO LOOK AT WITH AN EXCITING NEW CONCEPT OF ART GALLERY/FUNCTION SPACE