Thursday 3 April 2008

Pressed for Time....

Well it's been a while since I've posted....better late then never I guess. A few things are on the go at the moment. I've had a few meetings with Bob Franklin and am starting his portrait any day now. We had one meeting at Hampton Beach where he posed for me and was able to gather all the info I needed. He has such an expressive face, so it should be a great painting to sink my teeth into. The concept for the painting is a bit warped and very dry - though that's bob to a tee:) I'm also going to be doing a bit of design work for Bob for an upcoming movie he is working on - I'll be working on the design and artwork for posters, storyboards etc for it.

Um.... Oh, I met with Manyung Gallery not long ago and have been offered a solo show in November - so I will constantly be working on paintings for that during the year also. I'm very excited about this show and finally have a clear idea for the direction of the paintings..

Oh, I also just found out yesterday that Hamish and Andy and interested in being painted by me for the Archibald 2010 - I received an email from Hamish yesterday - so will be meeting up with them later on in the year after my Bob Franklin painting is complete. Sadly I've had to cancel my June solo as there is just too much going on currently - and I hate having to rush things....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much great news!

Keep going buddy. :)

Sandy said...

Congratulations Daniel! It sounds as though everything is coming together for you!It is not surprising ...you are very talented.

Anonymous said...

new post coming soon, yeah?